“A Decade of Decadence” Party at Mozaic Beach Club Marks the 10th Annual Yak Awards
The 10th Annual Yak Awards celebrating “A Decade of Decadence; DISCO INFERNO,” was held Friday, November 14, 2014, at the Mozaic Beach Club on Batubelig Beach, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia. An annual industry event, this year’s Award prgram was enlivened by Bali’s top chefs contributing canapé creations and more.
Among the leading culinary venues participating in this year’s Yak awards were: Anantara Seminyak, Anantara Uluwatu, Barbacoa, Be Chocolat, Gelato Secrets, Jenja, Ku De Ta, La Finca, Merah Putih, The Oberoi, Sardine, Teatro Bali, Mozaic Ubud and venue host Mozaic Beach Club.
Drinks flowed freely throughout the evening provided by Plaga Wines, Indowines, Kim Crawford Wines, Belvedere Vodka, Moet & Chandon, Beluga Noble Russian Vodka, Patron Silver and Patron Coffee.
Over 600 industry and society guests, nominees, advertisers and sponsors, attended the party at Batubelig Beach that was conducted as an Oscar-esque red carpet event as arriving nominees were interviewed by Bali This Week. Guests were attired in the dress code themed ‘Disco Inferno’ – harkening back to the hedonistic late 70’s and early 80’s.
Edwina Blush, talented Aussie-born vocalist performed together with the Erik Sondhy Band recreating 80s disco 80’s hits supplemented by the musical offerings of DJ Mattie Wainwright.
The highlight of the evening was the awarding of 19 Yak “Shoe” statuettes designed by Philip Lakeman of Pesamuan Ceramics resembling a colorful ceramic disco shoe given to those recognized by The Yak Magazine for outstanding achievements in their respective industry category or field of endeavor on behalf of the Bali Community.
In selecting the winner, over 6,000 Yak fans voted worldwide via The Yak Magazine Website.
The Yak Awards Winners 2014:
– Yak Man of the Year – Mark Baker and Mike Pohorly (Tie)
– Yak Woman of the Year – Sukma Suki, Green Vision
– Outstanding Achievement – Isabel & Melati Wijsen, Bye Bye Plastic Bags
– Best Community Service – Bali DIVA Lunches, Christina Iskandar
– Best Newcomer – Jenja
– Best Wine List – METIS
– Best Event – White Party at KUDETA
– Best Restaurant – Barbacoa
– Best Chef – Keiran Morland, Merah Putih
– Best Sunset Venue – Mozaic Beach Club
– Best Spa – Karma Spa
– Best Bar – Townhouse
– Best Retail Space – SKULL
– Best Ad Campaign – BIASA\Best Fashion Label – Adine and Franklin (Tie)
– Best Jewelry Design – Chloe Rappy, JFF
– Best Resort – Waka Gangga, Tabanan
– Best Villa – Villa Vedas
– Best DJ – Damien Saint, W Retreat & Spa
source : bali discovery tours